Monday, October 29, 2012
8 Month Update
This is the first picture I've taken of my expanding belly in the eight months I've been pregnant. I'm usually pretty good at documenting my progress over the course of the months... however, not this time. I wish I would have, though. It would have been interesting to see the difference in my growth when carrying girls vs. this little boy. Everyone says I'm pretty small still and carrying really low - I'll have to look back on my other pregnancies to see where I was at this point with them. Where I AM growing is in my butt and thighs. Not exactly where I would like my expansion, but whatever.
I haven't had the same food cravings this time around either. With the girls I wanted potatoes (in every way, shape and form), bagels (toasted and smothered in cream cheese or loaded with ham, cheese and eggs) and candy. This pregnancy food doesn't really appeal to me most of the time. The only thing that does taste really good are grapes - although after a bunch my stomach is usually killing me.
The girls are getting really excited about having a little boy in the house. Well, Ella is at least. She talks about it all the time and is always hugging my bump. Brooklyn tells everyone we're having a boy, but I'm not sure she's "excited." It's hard to say with her. As we've been going through old toys and things she's been kind enough to say, "mom, don't give that away. Our baby brother might like it." I don't think Kendall really gets it, although she does know we're having a boy. Ryan's oblivious. He's been so busy with his new role at work, and getting all the mortgage stuff on our new house in order to remember we're having a baby soon.
Speaking of having the baby. I think we're going to induce me just after Christmas - maybe the 27th or 28th. I'm due on January 2nd, but the doctor thinks I should get in on the 2012 tax credit. Plus, if we wait until January, this little boy will have to wait a whole nother year to start Primary at church. Dumb, I know, but in talking to other people, it makes a big difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are tiny!! Thinking about you guys and wondering how you survived the storm?
ReplyDeleteThe doctor thinks it's a good thing for the 2012 taxes? Come on I know you are married to an Asay....that is an Asay talking! :) I can't wait to see you on Thanksgiving. You look tiny as always. It makes me realize how far along you are though. Are you sure you don't want me to have Thanksgiving and you just come up and relax? I'll even make Layne turn the heat up I promise! SA
ReplyDelete