What was really weird was when Kendall and Hudson both went down for naps after lunch and I realized I had approximately two hours ALL TO MYSELF. Okay, that was awesome! I'm not sure how often that's gonna happen (cause you know, Kendall's four now, so she's "way too old for naps"). I felt really guilty for a about 30 minutes, but I got over it and got to work doing things that usually get pushed to the "after bedtime" hours. I'm not gonna lie… I really enjoyed the quiet!
When the kiddos got off the bus, both were happy, although not very forthcoming with first-day details. Brooklyn admitted she got really tired after lunch, and Ella already had her nose in a book she borrowed from the classroom. It took me about an hour to drag every last detail out of them, but I think I got the gist of it all… The first day of school was a success!
Brooklyn is very anxious to try out the cafeteria food and try her hand at buying her own lunch (a.k.a. she has emergency money in her new little purse that's just begging to be spent as soon as possible - that's Brooklyn's way of life!) So, she's going to buy her lunch tomorrow. Can't wait to see how that goes!
Yesterday was the kids' open house at school. They got to find their new classrooms, meet their new teachers, and see what other friends they're with this year. Ella couldn't be happier about her 3rd grade class this year… Michael Fiorelli and Anthony Chirichella - two of her favorite friends - are in her class! I love both boys so I couldn't be happier either!
The first thing Ella looked for in her new classroom was the stash of books. Looks like a good selection...
Ms. Snyder looks like a cute, fun, huggable teacher, but we don't know much more about her than our first impressions …
Ms. Social Brooklyn walked into her new classroom and was immediately attacked by all her girlfriends with hugs and giggles and all sorts of girly excitement. It was so cute. You can see in the picture below, she is on cloud 9!… on the other hand, Hudson looks a little worn out…
All we've heard about Ms. Clark is that "she's very strict!" But one mom rephrased that and said "she's very structured!" I like that term better and I'm hoping that works well for Brooklyn. Otherwise, if Ms. Clark is strict, our little social butterfly might be in trouble on a regular basis …
It's been too long since we've been together with our favorite friends, the Fiorellis. Ella and Michael, Brooklyn and Alyssa have grown up together and now they are all four at the same school again…
It's funny how Brooklyn wore all of her new back-to-school clothes before school even started, and then opted for an "old" outfit for the first day of school. She is one strange little girl. Oh well, she still looked super cute and I'm loving her new shoes. She's so ready for 1st grade …
Ella, too, wore most of her new things before school even started, but this top is her favorite cause she's all about comfort. She is funny about her shoes, too. I tried to talk her into wearing a cute pair of sandals today, but she insisted on wearing her clunky, comfy, but still cute gym shoes. Look out 3rd grade cause here she comes …
I wonder how long this excitement is going to last? She looks like she's ready to burst! Keep it contained Miss Brooklyn…
I love this little bookworm's ease of life. No worries here about the first day of school. She could care less what she wears, what friends she'll sit by on the bus, how nice her teacher is, or if she'll fit in. She's happy just being herself, no matter what …
Brooklyn thinks riding the bus home with her best friend and sister will be super awesome…
I'm so bummed Hudson slept through all the fun and excitement - AND PICTURES - this morning. Never wake a sleeping baby, right… not even on the first day of school! We missed you Hudson…
Ella and Brooklyn's friend Madison joined us for pictures. It's just our two families at the bus stop this year…
Off the bus and home from school… finally! A great first day of school.
Brooklyn still has her smile on loud and clear…
Ella looks happy, too, but that's probably just because she has a book in her left hand…













Enjoyed reading and seeing pictures of your summer fun. Connor starts school on Thursday. Lets get together soon. Shelley
ReplyDelete