Friday, March 27, 2020

COVID 19 - Week 2

Well, so much for getting the kids back to school and back on their regular schedules. We are learning that more and more are getting the virus despite the efforts made so far around the United States and we've been ordered to "stay home" and refrain from contact with anyone outside of our immediate family. All schools are closed now until April 17 and the kids will begin elearning starting this Monday. All sporting and extracurricular activities, including gynmastics, soccer, karate, piano, etc. have been cancelled for now. Even beaches, playgrounds, parks, and some national parks have been closed to dicourage and prevent large group gatherings.

We are allowed to go to the grocery stores but are told to stay at least six feet from others, avoid touching anything you don't absolutely have to touch, and avoid touching our faces! Basically, we are in lock-down, quarantine mode, leaving our houses only to get 'life-sustaining supplies.'

The stock market has TANKED, and our economy is in bad way... obviously!

The funny memes and text messages going around about the current state of the world are hilarious! I've started taking screen shots of them just so I can remember the world we live in today where people are doing their part to avoid the spread of the virus by staying home and avoiding contact with anyone.

I never thought I'd say it, but thank heavens for technology. We've been able to order a few supplies on Amazon (although we Lysol spray all packages and mail to kill the possible germs), FaceTime grandparents, friends and family memembers to check in, and those awful Chromebooks I've been complaining about the past two years have been invaluable the past two weeks for Ella and Brooklyn to keep up on any lingering school assignments and to touch base with classmates.

As for our goings on around here, we've been having a great time as a family being together 24 hours a day. Everyone is getting along so well and having fun together it almost makes me not want this to end. I know, that's crazy, right? Everything has slowed down and I love that feeling of calm and family!



Screen time during the day!...

Sitting under the tree working on her puzzle...

We bought our neighbor's air hockey table...

Lots of snacking going on around here, too!...

Working from home sounds like fun until you're on a work call and the kids are running around the house screaming at the top of their lungs...

The home haircuts are going to be bad because all hair salons are CLOSED!...

No comments:

Post a Comment