We usually wait until after Christmas to bake and decorate our version of gingerbread houses, but this year we were ready and eager to do them before Christmas. So, put on our new aprons from Grandma Sugar, baked cake mixes in our cake molds - cabin, train, wreath - then went to work using up some of the candy still lingering around from Halloween.
Kendall, Hudson and Brooklyn made cabin cakes out of red velvet and yellow cake mixes. Ella went for the train in a mixture of two red velvet boxcars and two yellow cake mix boxcars. Ryan and I opted for the wreaths with whatever cake batter was left over.
Getting everything ready to bake and decorate...
Hudson's red velvet cabin and Kendall's yellow cabin...
Filling those decorating bags with frosting...
Hudson's is really concentrating on M&M placement on his cabin...
Master train decorator in the making...
Master baker already in full force. This girl bakes daily and LOVES IT! She put herself in charge all of the preparations for today's decorating activity...
I'm pretty sure my wreaths turned out awesome =-)...
The kids weren't that impressed with Ryan's decorating, but gave him an A+ for effort...
Mine...
Ryan's...
Putting on those finishing touches...
I see a leaning snowman on Hudson's...
Kendall is pretty proud of hers...
Brooklyn's looks like a masterpiece! Too good to eat...
Ella even built a train station out of graham crackers. So cute...
And I had to add in a few funny memes that summarize the Christmas season this year. Because of Covid restrictions, online shopping has hit an all-time high and the postal system just can't keep up. Plus, those people who are lucky enough to receive their packages are finding them arriving all day long!
Update on the below meme... So, I asked Sugar to embroider a few extra aprons so I could give them to my girlfriends for Christmas, which she did and overnighted them to me on December 4th. I received them in the mail on January 18th. You'd better believe I still handed them out to my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment