Every year the kids write and mail a letter to Santa... some willingly write them and some are forced nowadays. This year was no different - it was on our advent calendar yesterday and these are the kids' letters (unfortunately, Hudson mailed his letter before I could see it).
Ella's letter was the most interesting and most unhelpful... she wants nothing for Christmas but books. Here's the letter I forced her to write and I can just hear her sarcasm in every paragraph!...
Dear Santa,
I hope you are doing well! I'm sure things at the North Pole are going smoothly. People are a little shaken because of COVID-19 right now. Are your elves getting sick? Are you and Mrs. Clause in good health? I'm sure you have a wonderful medical team near your workshop, as elves must need doctors, too.
How was your Thanksgiving? I know it's an American holiday, and right when Christmas panic sets in, but I think that it's important to give thanks before we give gifts. It's a way to recognize what-and who-matters, before the shopping season. It takes more than a pandemic to dissuade Black Friday! What do you want for Christmas this year, Santa? A year of rest from your exhausting holiday? Something to balance the cookies? Kids to be a little less greedy with their lists? I hope it finds you and that you have that same happy moment as all of the kids who find your gifts on Christmas Day.
Unfortunately, I too want something for Christmas. I don't know what, but I do have a couple little things that would be a nice surprise.
I would like a new set of pens. Preferably gel ink joys, but I am sure that your many years of letter writing have helped you find some good options. Anything colorful!
I also feel like a diffuser would be a nice touch. I did say that I wasn't going to get anything for my room, but it would definitely help me make the room mine.
I also wanted to thank you for last year's gift, which was as perfect as always. I know you'll find just the thing for me this year, too.
Best of luck and good health,
Ella Asay
Brooklyn's Christmas letter to Santa is a little more direct and straight to the point...
Dear Santa,
I hope you have a great Christmas! This year I would love,
- A blow-dry brush, yes I know I have an iron but a brush doesn't damage as much
- A projector
- A computer (I would love an Apple Air Mac)
- A desk
- Those glasses I wanted before
- Books:
Stuart Gibbs, Bear Bottom
P... Bosch, Bad News
Sheila Turnage,
The Odds of Getting Even and The Laws of Finders Keepers
- LED lights
And then Kendall's letter...
Dear Santa,
How are you? Please tell Mrs. Clause I said hi. Here is what I would like for Christmas:
1. A puppy
2. A guitar and things for it
3. Fitbit bands
4. Robot anything but maybe a dog?
5. Spy things
6. A pump for my type 1 diabetes
7. A head mannequin with real human hair
8. Barbie things, a Barbie dreamhouse
9. kits
10. An iPad
11. Cameral film
12. a phone case
13. real microphone
14. LED lights
15. Cool bed: bunkbed or canopy bed
16. cool clothes and PJs
While I didn't see Hudson's letter to Santa before he mailed it, he made this list for me just after Thanksgiving...
- drums
- snow globe
- notebook
- Transformers
- Beyblades
- robot
- gun
- watch
- glow gloves
- camera
- soccer ball
No comments:
Post a Comment