Thursday, June 4, 2009

An afternoon at the pool

I have to say I'm getting a little tired of our weather out here. We've had sooooo much rain this Spring. I'm talking about nearly three months of it. I'm wondering if I should start building an ark? Lucky for us, it actually stopped raining long enough for the girls and I to finally go to our local pool for a swim. Ella, of course, loves the pool and could spend hours splashing around in the water. She's even graduated from the baby pool to the "intermediate" pool. Brooklyn, on the other hand, enjoys the snacks more than anything.

Brooklyn's favorite lounge chair and snack... all she's missing is a good book and a drink with an umbrella sticking out of it, don't you think?

Goldfish are a staple in this little girl's diet.

Thanks for the pose, Ella!

Ella loves this fountain in the middle of the baby pool.

Funny story (well, maybe just to me)... On Wednesday, Ella was BEGGING to go to the pool. Mind you it was only 65 degrees - very cold and windy. She wouldn't let up so I finally said, "fine, lets go to the pool then." We were the ONLY people there. Even the lifeguards were wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts (do they take it all off before they jump in the pool to save someone?) Brooklyn and I, wearing our jeans and sweatshirts, sat on the lawn chairs and watched Ella in the pool. Of course, Ella's lips turned blue and she shivered uncontrollably for 20 minutes until I was finally able to bribe her out of the water (thanks Dum Dum).

No comments:

Post a Comment