Every year Ryan's company (BMS) sponsors the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 'Race for the Cure' in Washington D.C., and every year we pack up and go, as do 45,000 other supporters from around the world. It's such an amazing and heart-wrenching weekend. Lots of fun, lots of smiles, and lots of tears. Supporters came to this event for all different reasons and I couldn't help but cry as I read those reasons on their shirts while we were walking in the race: "In memory of my daughter;" "In memory of my wife;" "In memory of my mommy;" "In memory of my sister; etc." I'm so glad that we could attend the event this year and I'm so very grateful that I didn't have any of my family or friends' names written on my shirt. To see more pictures of the 'sea of pink,' go to http://www.wtop.com/?sid=1690813&nid=25

Not the best family picture, especially after a three mile walk in the humid weather, but what do you do! The Capitol building is behind us.

Brooklyn woke up from her nap just in time to cross the finish line. There were so many people in the race that we actually had to wait in this crowd for about 10 minutes in order to actually cross the finish line.

Ella did great walking in the race, although she spent most of the time jumping in and out of the stroller and having Ryan carry her.
No comments:
Post a Comment