Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tubes

Today was a big day for Brooklyn! She finally got tubes put in her ears to help drain the fluid out, which in turn will help prevent future ear infections. HALLELUJAH and ADIOS antibiotics! The poor girl has had an ongoing ear infection since probably February. The surgery went well and was over in about 10 minutes. She seems to be doing great and I hope the tubes are alleviating some of the pain she's had the past few months. I'll tell you what, the whole process made me appreciate my healthy family even more than I already did. Seriously, to me it felt like Brooklyn was going in for brain surgery, not some rinky-dink, 10 minute, no-big-deal surgery (as everyone made it out to be). I've been a total wreck for weeks just thinking about it. I'm so glad it's over, but honestly, heaven help me if my kids ever do need some major surgery.

1 comment: