Friday, June 14, 2013

Go BLACK!

Field Day is huge at Ella's school, and to get the students fired up about the big event, they have Spirit Week the whole week before! Each day is a theme, like Mismatch Monday, Tropical Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, etc. Ella and I have so much fun figuring out what she's going to wear each day and how we're going to do her hair. I have to remember next year to take pictures of her "costume" each day.

For Field Day, the school is divided into two teams - orange and black - and the kids play all sorts of fun games and sports to earn points for their team. Whatever team wins the most points wins bragging rights for a whole year. Ella was on the black team again this year, and will not be bragging about anything because unfortunately black lost.

After Field Day, the kiddos and I met Ella at school for her first grade picnic.
 Having your Field Day t-shirt signed by all your friends is VERY IMPORTANT.

 Soft pretzels make for a healthy lunch.
 Ella's awesome teach, Mrs. Marchese, and some of her classmates.
 We love you Mrs. Marchese. Thanks for a great year.
 Ella's classmate and good friend, Erin.
 Don't forget Hudson and I were there, too.

1 comment:

  1. Did you shave Hudson's head? Wasn't his hair dark? Did it fall out? Is it light now, or is it just the sun?

    ReplyDelete