Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Kindergarteners Are Super Cute!

And this girl is officially a kindergartener (and she IS super cute) ...
Miss Brooklyn had another great year of pre-school with her three awesome teachers and 24 classmates. She is very excited about starting kindergarten and riding the bus to school with Ella next year. I'm freaking out that I will now have two kids in elementary school and another starting pre-school. Holy cow! Where does the time go?

This Summer, Brooklyn will be working on her alphabet and letter sounds, numbers and math, and everything else I think she should know to help her prepare for kindergarten. She's not exactly the type who loves learning - she would much rather worry about her clothes, hair, shoes and jewelry than the alphabet - but I'm hoping a good teacher next year will help her see how much fun it is to read and write.

Here is how the year ended for her...

The Mother's Day program included songs, paper bonnets, a potted flower and lots of smiles - from both of us.

 The highlight might have been splashing in the puddles outside of the school.
 This year's graduation ceremony theme was Red, White and Blue, and included more singing and smiles.

 Mrs. Vogel and Mrs. Seda absolutely loved Miss Brooklyn and we love them.

 Two of Brooklyn's friends.
 I think this is about half of Brooklyn's class at the end of year picnic.
 Oh good... she graduated from pre-school. That makes two St. Andrew's graduates, and another one starting in the Fall. I wonder if the teachers there are sick of the Asays yet? I hope not cause we've still got one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment