Monday, June 10, 2013

Starting Solids

Hudson started solids two weeks ago. He didn't care too much for rice cereal (or maybe it was the fact that his sisters were smearing it all over his face), but he seems to enjoy the oatmeal. On Tuesday, we'll start applesauce and that's going to be awesome. I love it when we start food that actually has a flavor, and the look of yumminess on their faces when they get that first taste.
 Ya, the food is supposed to go IN his mouth, not ON it.
 This was his face for the whole week of rice cereal. Not his favorite.
 Every sister took their turn feeding Hudson, but they got bored real fast when he wouldn't cooperate and just eat it like a normal kid. They didn't seem to understand that he had to LEARN how to eat food.
 "Seriously, mom, the fun is over. Would you please just feed me."
Hudson is always more interested in his weird sisters!
Ok, maybe I'm not much better when it comes to feeding him. The problem is he sticks his hands in his mouth the minute I put the food in. So it gets all over his sleeves, and then face. At least he's happy eating oatmeal.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful little boy and georgeous sisters! We miss you guys. Thanks for posting again so I can keep up with your growing family even though we only live 2 hours away. Tragic!

    ReplyDelete