Three is also a very funny age, and Kendall is hilarious, silly, goofy, repetitive, frustrating, demanding, and all around a total handful. Her eyes are barely open in the morning and the first thing out of her mouth is, "can we play outside," or "can we play in the basement?" It's totally cute until I recommend we eat breakfast and get dressed before doing either of those things to which she then begins to argue with me until we're both blue in the face.
Kendall loves to sing. Her current playlist includes, "Families Can Be Together Forever," "We Are Never Getting Back Together," and "That's What Makes You Beautiful." I just love it when I'm in the other room and I hear her say, "we are never ever ever ever ever getting back together," "that's what makes you beautiful," over and over and over again because those are the only words to the songs that she know.
Kendall is really good at repeating things you say, so watch what you say when you're around her!!! I also call her a broken record because she repeats thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again without giving you a chance to reply.
Ok, I could go on forever about this little cutie pie, but needless to say we love her to pieces, and she drives us all crazy quite often! Happy Birthday Miss Kendall!!
Happy Birthday crown in place and ready to party...
While my mom was in town she took Kendall to a little mini Toys R Us in the mall and let Kendall pick out a birthday present. Out of everything in the store, Kendall chose this tiny, plastic, yellowy-orange chair that cost $6.89. My mom and I were about to die cause it was the ugliest thing in the store. We tried to talk her into getting so many other things, but she only wanted this dumb little chair. We even tried to persuade her to at least get the red one, but nope! She wanted THIS one! Then, for the next three weeks, whenever anyone asked her what she wanted for her birthday she would say, "a chair." Every day she would ask me when she was going to get her chair. I was sooo happy to finally be able to give it to her on her birthday! She loves the dumb thing and carries it all over the house with her bun buns still sitting in it. It's hilarious!
Ella, little Miss Thoughtful, worked for three days straight on this adorable little teddy bear, which she stitched together entirely by hand. The bear is holding a red heart with a "K" stitched onto it. It's really really cute. She was so excited to finally be able to give it to Kendall. Ella also made Kendall a paper banner that said "Kendall Is 3." She worked on it for a few days, too.
Brooklyn picked out this adorable monkey alarm clock at Target and has asked every day since then if she can get one for her birthday, too.
Sugar also sent Kendall some clothes and shoes (per my request). Kendall LOVES shoes and couldn't wait to get these things on her feet. Unfortunately, she didn't want to take them off at bedtime that night and again on Sunday when I told her they weren't really "church" shoes. I gave up and let her wear them to church with her pretty church dress. Choose your battles, right?
Grandma Asay sent this fun game and one of those Alex craft kits, which are the best things ever made. Seriously, if you're looking for a gift, check them out. They are my favorite!
Good morning Hudson. Are you so excited it's your sister's birthday, or more excited that you're eating a pancake and blueberries for the first time?
You can't have three girls and not have some serious dress up supplies on hand at all times. This princess kit came with three sets of high-heel shoes and three crowns. Perfect for everyone! Kendall wore her new princess dress the entire day - including shopping at the mall and lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. (I wonder if I should FIRST get the kids dressed and their hair combed BEFORE I start taking pictures?)
Kendall requested pancakes and blueberries for her birthday breakfast and cupcakes for her birthday dessert.
After breakfast we had one more surprise for Kendall...
a new bike.
While we were at the cabin this summer we started teaching Kendall how to ride a bike. We still have a long way to go, but at least now she has one to ride here at home; although it seems she is more interested in the water bottle in the handle bars and the cute little baby doll carrier on the back.
Is she the cutest thing ever!?












No comments:
Post a Comment