Monday, October 28, 2013

Are You Ready for Halloween?

We finally are! The house is decorated... with the little bit we have. The costumes have been bought or made... as random and obscure as they can be. The pumpkins have been picked and carved... and brought back in the house so the deer don't eat them tonight. And, the candy has been purchased... and eaten!! Ahhh, I better get another bag. I think we're all set.

Ready for some pumpkin picking at Styer Orchard...
 Hudson's first Halloween and he LOVED the hayride. You would have thought we were on a ride at Disneyland!
 Brooklyn waited several LONG days until we were finally able to go to the pumpkin patch...
 These two love eachother to pieces. Brooklyn is a really good sister to this boy, and Hudson just adores her! 
 The kids picked out their pumpkins really fast this year. Usually it takes them FOREVER!! We told them they could have whichever pumpkin they wanted as long as they could carry it back to the tractor for the hayride back to the farm, and then off the tractor all the way to the cashier. There was no way Ryan and I could carry six pumpkins plus a 22 pound kid. Here's what they found... 




 For Family Home Evening tonight we finally cut those babies open. Kendall doesn't mind the slime too much...
 Ella doesn't mind it at all...
 Brooklyn HATES the slime, but thought she was very brave to have touched two of the seeds that Ryan took out for her...
 Hudson didn't have a clue what we were doing sitting on the kitchen floor with these orange things, but he had fun playing with his pumpkin anyway...
 He had more fun playing in the bowl of slime that we were taking out of all the pumpkins...
 Nicely done, Ryan...
 I helped Kendall with hers. I always forget how hard those little pumpkins are to carve. Man!... the skin on those things are sooooo thick!!...
 Ryan carved a very SCARY face on Brooklyn's pumpkin. Looks like it's heavy, Brooklyn!...
 Ella is still working on her pumpkin, trying to get everything just right. She decided to use toothpicks for teeth on hers. Good idea. I'm trying to figure out the easiest thing to do on Hudson's pumpkin since the skin it so thick. I decided not to even carve mine cause I got one of those warty ones and they are impossible to carve!...
 And there you have it. Halloween is just three days away and we are ready. Now, bring the pumpkins back inside so they don't get eaten by the animals!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Pumpkins! Looks like fun was had by all. Love your little family!

    ReplyDelete