Brooklyn, Juliette, and Jenna trying their hands at making slime. Jenna's mom is an expert at it and came to show the girls how to do it and explain how and why the ingredients make liquids into solids. It was slimy good fun...
Ella and Paige wanted to find out why their apples, once cut, turn brown. They learned about oxidation and how they can help prevent or slow down the apple-browning process by removing oxogen from around their apples...
The scientists in action at the fair...
Their booth was one of the most popular because the kids could come and make their own slime to take home (you're welcome moms)...
Apple Heroes to the rescue. Can they save YOUR cut apples from turning brown?...
The girls' teacher, Mrs Hanna, stopped by to make her own slime and see how the girls were doing...
Lab coats, glasses, protective gloves and slime-making ingredients... does it get any better than that?...
When the head scientist stopped by Ella and Paige's project, I think he got more than he bargained for when he started asking questions. Ella and Paige talked his ear off with all sorts of ideas, hypotheses, and suggestions. He walked away laughing and said, "those girls are absolutely adorable."...
I love how interested he looks the whole time they're talking...
Next year, Kendall will be joining the fun, I'm sure. I was one of those lying mothers who told their kid that Kindergarteners weren't allowed to participate in the fair until they were in first grade. It was pretty bad when she came home the next day and said that several of her Kindergarten classmates were doing it. Oops. I just had to play dumb =-)
No comments:
Post a Comment