Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Playing Catch Up In the New Year

I haven't blogged in three months, so now it's time to play catch up. The next couple of posts are a little of what January and February looked like on our end of the country...

The weather this winter has been absolutely AMAZING! Warm for a few days, freezing the next few, with snow scattered throughout. If winter was like this every year, I might be able to bear it more willingly. It's those winters when it's below freezing every single day for nearly six months straight that drive me to insanity. Lucky for me, it's not one of those years!

When the weather is cold, it's COLD and I'm the last one to volunteer to go outside for any reason! Some of us are just wimps that way. Apparently not Kendall, who spent a great deal of time walking across our frozen backyard bog after school one day... 

A visit to Ryan's office one weekend inspired the kids to set big dreams for their future occupations. As long as they have a keyboard to pound on and a huge office phone to make calls, they should be happy!...

And, of course, a white board would be icing on the cake. Ella's perfect note: "My dad is (probably) better than yours," should get some attention from Ryan's co-workers and boss when they come in to talk business...

I should put a desk in the kids' playroom and pull out all of those old computers and keyboards so they can play "office"...

We got a "this-is-what-having-our-own-dog-would-be-like" test-run with Annie for one weekend. With cold temperatures outside and early morning and late night bathroom walks, I realized there is no way on earth I'm getting a dog while we live here in Pennsylvania. Sorry kiddos. The real shocker though was seeing Brooklyn, who is normally TERRIFIED of dogs, cry when Annie had to go home. Brooklyn fell in love with her and was the most responsible when taking care of her.

Kendall finally got her adenoids removed and tubes put back in her ears. No more snoring like her father and she can finally hear again...

She looks happy here with her teddy bear before going into surgery, but she wasn't all smiles when she came out. Luckily the iPad kept her distracted enough until the pain subsided and she was ready to go home...

A seven day recovery period and cold temperatures outside meant Kendall and I got some quality play time together. There's nothing like pulling out some of the old baby gear to have a little tea party... 

Somehow, Kendall was able to talk her teddy bear into helping me clean the house. I'm not sure why she can't do the same with her siblings...

Brooklyn got a VERY EARLY birthday present from Sugar. Julie joined our family...

Out of the blue Hudson says to me one day, "look mom, I'm a missionary." Then he points to the Old Navy tag on his shirt that he thinks looks like a missionary tag. How did he pick up on that?...

We lost Brooklyn for a while one afternoon and found her sleeping on the guest bedroom built-in shelves. How random is that?!...

No comments:

Post a Comment