Then it was on to the FOOD and hanging out with NJ Asays Thanksgiving day...
Ella was giving Aunt Shelley a lesson in hover board riding and she almost had Shelley convinced to give it a try until Uncle Layne stepped in and said absolutely no way! I must say, it's not as easy as it looks. And in case I didn't mention it in a previous post, Ryan nearly lost his life (or maybe just his arm) trying to ride this thing. I wasn't much better!...
That smile tells me she's trouble... totally adorably cute, but trouble...
Ya hun, I'm feeling the same way about Christmas being here already...
One of Hudson's neighborhood friends named Sophie stopped by for a few hours to play...
"And the crowd goes wild" was Kendall's favorite thing to say all day. I don't know where she gets these sayings, or why she has to repeat them a thousand times, but she does!...
Hudson giving Sophie her very first soccer lesson...
Yay, one picture with Shelley! Thank goodness Ryan thinks about taking pictures every once in a while...
Uncle Layne taking a look around the backyard to see why our creek water level is so low this year...
After all that food and fresh air, it was time to get into the Christmas spirit by watching Charlie Brown's Christmas. Does anyone like this movie? I find it a little dull. Is that terrible to say?...
Even on Thanksgiving day Ella is working on homework. I think she enjoys doing it so much because she's on a computer...
What would four days of vacation mean around here if there weren't a million house projects to accomplish. First we recovered all of our kitchen chairs, then we painted our kitchen ceiling. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to repainting the office wall cabinets. The ladder was the biggest hit with all four kids. You'd think they'd never seen one before. Too bad they weren't much help on it, but they sure look cute...
Friday we forced the kids to go to Longwood Gardens to see the beautiful display of Christmas lights. And by forced, I mean we literally had to drag them there. Who doesn't want to see a huge botanical garden plastered with Christmas lights? Apparently they'd seen it too many times before. Too bad, we said, and forced them there anyway. What a great start to our holiday merriment, right?! You can tell by the look on Kendall's face she still isn't convinced it's going to be awesome...
My favorite place at the gardens is their gigantic greenhouse. It's amazing and these two are standing in front of my favorite view of the greenhouse. The picture doesn't do it justice, so just trust me it's incredible...










No comments:
Post a Comment