Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hammered!

In case you didn't hear, we were hammered today! Really, really hammered. We broke all the records. Yep, we got lots and lots of snow. Somewhere between 18-24 inches. That on top of the 12 inches we got last Saturday. This whole side of the country was shut down... everything was closed. Stores, restaurants, schools, government agencies, postal services, businesses... all closed.

Of course, 99.9% of Pennsylvania residents knew it was coming and actually prepared by going to the grocery store and stocking up on food, supplies, etc. Not me. We scraped by on whatever we could find in the house, which as usual, wasn't much. I just figured Wawa is 1/2 mile away and they are ALWAYS open. I didn't take into account the fact that they might close if the power went out.

Well, it did. Just as Ryan was ordering my foot long veggie sandwich for dinner, the power went out. We had cheese and crackers for dinner instead. By candlelight, of course.

It's supposed to stop snowing sometime tonight. So, I was wondering... can someone come dig us out?

All suited up and ready to hit the snow. Ella is wearing a size two snow pant and coat. She normally wears a size five. I think it's time to buy her some snow clothes that fit.
While Ryan was working from home, the girls and I headed across the street to our neighbor's house for some fun in the snow. Usually Brooklyn HATES the snow as much as I do, but we both had a great time sledding, building forts, and throwing snowballs with our friends. Here she is with Catherine.
We ended up using the pool floaties as sleds. They worked great.
Jamie.
and Erin.
Ryan finally finished work and headed outside with Ella to shovel the snow. Unfortunately, it was already too deep and heavy to shovel so they rolled giant snowballs instead. So, we are officially snowed in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment