Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Heart Day

There are some things I spend weeks and weeks planning... Valentine's Day isn't one of them. Ella on the other hand has been making "Valentines" for her family, friends, stuffed animals, etc. for about two weeks straight. We have hundreds of hearts of all shapes and sizes all over the house.

Despite my lack of planning, we had such a fun Valentine's Day today. After church and naps, of course, we made a delicious heart-shaped Valentine Rainbow cake, which we devoured after our awesome spinach, chicken enchiladas.

Since I wasn't smart enough to buy cute little mailboxes for the girls to decorate, we did a scavenger hunt instead. They each picked a small "gift" to give to eachother then hid that gift in eachother's bedrooms. Ryan and I hid a few other things. They had so much fun on the hunt that I'm glad I didn't buy little mailboxes.

One of the gifts was heart-shaped bath confetti, which we used in the bathtub after the scavenger hunt. We finished the night with several Valentine's Day books.

Pretty good Heart Day for zero planning!
Brooklyn is terribly proud of the cake she helped make.
Making sure the cake was frosted to perfection.
Do you love Ella's headband?
Pink, green, yellow and blue.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun Valentine's Day. I love Ella's headband. It totally looks like how Chloe tries to do her hair! You should see some of the outfits she picks out to wear to school...scary! I can only hope it is a phase!

    ReplyDelete