The other night Ella, Brooklyn and I were eating dinner together when Ella said, "Mom, what's my favorite song? It's the one that has 'family' in it and 'Jesus'."
"Ummmm?" I said. My mind raced through all of the songs we sang in Primary on Sunday, all of the songs we learned last year for the Primary program, all of the songs we're learning this year. Doesn't every Primary song have the word 'family' and 'Jesus' in it? I started singing the songs that came to mind.
"No, mom, not that one."
New song...
"No, not that one."
New song...
"Nooooooo, mommmmm."
After several more misses, Ella said, "It goes something like this...," and she started singing, "I have a family on earth."
Well, duh, I thought to myself and started singing, "Families Can Be Together Forever." Yep, that was it and Ella started singing right along with me while Brooklyn just smiled at us and swayed back and forth in her chair enjoying the dinner entertainment.
I love Primary songs and I'm so glad Ella does, too. I'm guessing "Families Can Be Together Forever" won't be her favorite song forever (Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Taylor Swift are all coming to mind), but I sure hope she continues to love the ones she learns in Primary... the ones that I hope will have the most impact on her life.
In case you don't know the song, you can listen to it here:
http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=300&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=300&searchsubseqend=ZZZ
That's so cute! Richelle and I talk about your family all the time and how adorable the Asay family is!
ReplyDelete