Yesterday was a huge milestone!!! Brooklyn went to her Nursery class at church... WITHOUT ONE SINGLE TEAR!! Can you believe it? I can't!
As most of you know, at age 18 months, Brooklyn is supposed to go to a Nursery class at church with other kids age 18 months to three years old. What a relief it would have been for me and Ryan. Me, because I'm Primary President and I can't teach Sharing Time, help with rowdy kids, escort others to the bathroom, find last-minute substitute teachers, answer parent/teacher/Bishopric questions while holding on to an 18 month old for two hours straight. Ryan because he's in the Bishopric and has five bazillion things to get done in those two hours, too.
But, of course, things didn't work out as we had hoped. At 18 months, Brooklyn didn't want to go to Nursery. She didn't want to go at 19 months either. At 20 or 21 months? Forget it. She was a sobbing, hysterical mess.
So, she either came with me to do my church responsibilities, or with Ryan to do his. We took turns passing her back and forth depending on who had the most/least important things to do that Sunday. But, finally, with the help of her wonderful Nursery teacher, I think we've finally made the transition.
Of course, all that could change next Sunday. But, as of yesterday Brooklyn has reached a major milestone a church... Nursery!
Don't let her fool you.
I was just in your same shoes, except Cooper will be 2 1/2 in April. Since he was 18 months he would scream & bang his head for the better part of the two hours. But luckily my good friend who knows got called in there in January & now he loves it! I love those milestones, you think that stage it will last forever & then they get independet & forget to kiss you!! Congrats to Brooklyn for being a big girl! -Jaime
ReplyDeleteIt's as good thing she's cute huh!
ReplyDelete