Yesterday’s trip to the beach was far and away our best trip
ever… well, aside from the $45 parking ticket I got. We always have fun when we
go to the beach, but it’s never been all that relaxing for me. Aside from the
countless trips to the bathroom and the constant need for food, Brooklyn and
Kendall are usually very needy when we’re there. Brooklyn used to be scared to
death of the water, so I would end up making numerous trips to the ocean to
fill up her buckets with water, all the while holding Kendall in my arms
because she didn’t used to like the sand or water all that much. And then there
was Ella who I’d have to keep my eyes on to make sure she didn’t drown in the
ocean.
Not this time, though. The girls played and played with their best friends Michael and Lyssie for three hours straight. Brooklyn was all about the water this time and even went out in the waves, splashing and playing without my help at all. That is seriously a miracle! Kendall not only ran around in the sand, but sat in it all day long building sandcastles and collecting sea shells. She even went waist high in the waves and I had to keep pulling her back to shore before she got in too deep. The girl was fearless and loved walking around making new friends all along the beach. Ella put on her goggles and was gone - nothing new there!
I couldn't believe it... I actually got to sit down and visit with my girlfriend Allison for a few minutes. It was crazy and I LOVED it! It was exactly what the beach was meant for - R&R. I'm so glad my three little munchkins finally got the memo.
Ella and Michael building drip sand castles and moats.
Miss Kendall was all over the place - sand, water, food - she was as happy as can be!
I couldn't believe it when Brooklyn went right into the water without one ounce of help from me.
These two have literally grown up together. I hope they are always as good of friends as they are now.
I love these two together. They crack me up!
Don't worry, Kendall isn't trying to go potty on the sand... she's getting ready to jump.
What a fun group of kids. They all get along so well with each other. We wouldn't miss going to the beach with these guys for anything!




No comments:
Post a Comment