Tuesday night, we met up with Ryan at the studio to watch Brooklyn. While Brooklyn really likes going to dance class, the late night has been really hard for her now that she refuses to take naps. If she doesn't fall asleep on the way to the studio, she's usually half asleep during the class - which is how she was Tuesday night. I lost count of how many times she yawned.
Despite being exhausted, she did a pretty good job keeping up during class. Since it's the end of the year and the dance recital is just a few weeks away, the hour was dedicated to reviewing their big performance number. Brooklyn's song is "Animal Crackers" sung by Shirley Temple. It's a cute song and the girls sing and dance throughout, which is adorable. However, I can see that we have A LOT of practicing to do at home before she'll be ready to shine on stage on the big night.
Thursday night, we met up with Ryan again at the studio to watch Ella. This is Ella's third year of dance classes and third dance studio. I think it's time to realize the girl just doesn't care much for dancing (at least not the structured kind that takes place in a classroom). She's been a good sport about going every week, but it's not her favorite thing to do. I'm not sure what I should do here. I hated dance classes, too, when I was her age, but my mom made me keep going year after year. I'm soooooooo glad she did. Dancing eventually became my WHOLE life. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about it some more.
Anyway, I digress. Ella's recital dance is to a very strange song called "Sisters." I have to say it's not my favorite! However Ella knows the words quite well, but could use a lot of help on the dance moves that go with them. More practice needed at home!
It was fun, and interesting, to see how the girls are doing in their individual classes. We're looking forward to the recital at the end of the month and then calling it quits for the summer. Stay tuned for recital pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment