Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dance Recital

Yesterday afternoon, Ryan and I got to watch Ella and Brooklyn perform in their big dance recital. It was so fun to watch the them up on stage singing and trying to do their dance steps. They did a really great job and even managed to remember to smile. They were so glad when it was over and of course their favorite part was makeup, bright red lipstick (which is impossible to put on little girls) and having their hair done all fancy! Now, whether or not that's enough incentive to get them to take dance classes again next year remains to be seen. For now, we will all enjoy taking a little break for the summer.
Surprisingly, Ella got nervous about going on stage this time around. I think she's starting to worry about what other people think of her. She kept saying she couldn't do the shuffle-hop-toe-heel-step part of her dance and was worried that everyone would notice. That's such a change from her first dance recital two years ago. Before, could have cared less whether or not she knew the dance routine - she just couldn't wait to get up on that stage and perform "something".
I was so happy and proud of Brooklyn for going on stage at her very first dance recital. I wasn't quite sure if she would get too scared and end up hiding on the side of the stage or what exactly she would do. She went right on, did her little dance even better than I thought, and went right back off the stage. I think she was so happy to have on that enormous tutu and REAL makeup that I could have asked her to do anything and she would have done it. Brooklyn was also so excited about being allowed to wear her costume whenever she wanted once the recital was over. The girl loves to dress up and sure enough, as soon as we got home from church today, she was right back in that costume.
Did you find Brooklyn? She's in the front row, second from the left. They all look so different with their hair pulled back and wearing makeup.
 Ella's class was huge. Ella is in the front row, fifth from the right.
This picture was taken at dress rehearsal. We took Kendall thinking she might like to sit and watch the dancers for three hours. Ya, we were totally wrong. We didn't take her to the actual recital.
Way to go girls. Your dad and I are so proud of you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment