Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer starts NOW!

Summer is officially here. Today was Ella's last day of Kindergarten and Brooklyn's last day of summer camp at school. I'm so happy to have them home, and I'm going to love, come Monday, not having to rush out the door every morning to school. I'm sure I'll be going nuts after just a few days of "nothing to do" summer boredom, but for now I'm going to enjoy just hanging out.

Saying goodbye to everyone at school was a little hard for Ella. She sobbed hysterically last night until she finally zonked out, and I could tell she was a bit sad today when she got off the bus. The funny thing is, she isn't sad to say goodbye to her teacher, or her classmates. She's sad because she's afraid she will never get to see her 4th grade helpers, Gigi and Ryan, ever again. Apparently, they had a really big impact on her this year and she just can't stand the thought of never seeing them again. So, I promised I would try and track down their mailing addresses so we could keep in touch. That should be fun.

Anyway, to celebrate, I had a little tea party luncheon set up for the girls when they got home. Now it's time to put together a jar full of fun ideas to keep us busy over the summer when we start to get bored.
 Our little tea party.
 This is Kendall's last day of... hmmm, taking her sisters to school?
 This is what a graduating Kindergartener looks like. She's officially a first grader! She's even got her "Super First Grader" cape on.
 We love having tea parties.
This is what a second-year pre-schooler looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment