Thursday, July 12, 2012

BINGO

Last night was a whole lot of fun at the country club - it was Family BINGO Night. We went last year - all 20 of us - and not one of us won a single thing. However, this year the Asay family cleaned house. Here's how the excitement started.

After dinner, we all got our own BINGO cards and were all fired up and ready to roll, anxious to start winning some goods. (Ella and Brooklyn had already picked out the prize they hoped to win - an electronic rabbit.)

However, after four rounds of BINGO, an hour and 45 minutes into the night, and lots of prizes and money given away, we were all getting a little tired and deflated. I looked over at Ella and saw on her card that she needed just one more number to win a diagonal BINGO... G-53. Can you guess what the very next number was that the guy called out? G-53!

I screamed BINGO so loud I nearly scared Ella to tears. She was so shocked by my outburst that it took her several seconds to realize that I was saying, "Ella you won! Ella you won!" When it finally dawned on her, she stood up and grabbed my arm, too scared still to even move to the front of the room. Ella, Brooklyn and I finally made our way up to the front of the room to claim her prize. She chose a really cute Lego set (the rabbit had already been taken).

On the way back to our seats, Brooklyn burst into tears. She was hysterical about not winning so I had to take her out of the building. While we were outside and I was trying to calm her down, I said you have two choices Brooklyn. You can either stop crying so we can go back in and try to win again, or you can stay out here and cry the rest of the night.

After a few minutes she finally calmed down. Would you believe that as we were walking back into the BINGO room we heard the guy over the intercom announce "Brooklyn Asay!" I couldn't believe it and again, I couldn't contain my excitement! Low and behold she had won the raffle drawing! After searching through the few prizes left, she chose a BRATZ doll (I hate those things!)

We left Family BINGO Night with two very happy little girls and some fun new toys.
 Luckily, Kendall was just happy to be there - she didn't care so much about playing BINGO or winning prizes!
 Okay, a little obnoxious, I know, but I was soooooo excited Ella won! I couldn't contain it. I still feel bad though that Ella didn't get to yell out BINGO herself and that I scared her to death. You can still see the shock on her face.
 Okay, now she gets it!
 High fives from the crowd - there were 350 people at Family BINGO Night this year.
 Getting to know the winner. 
Yes, she was pretty upset and quite vocal about it.
 Just a few from our large group.
 Getting to know the other Asay winner.
 She looks pretty happy now with that Bratz doll. Man, those are the worst roll models for little girls. Who in the world would create something like that for little girls... and call them BRATZ! Seriously! Can you tell I'm not so happy to have one in my little girl's hands. =-)
 Ella with her new Lego set.
The winning family!

No comments:

Post a Comment