Saturday, July 14, 2012

Golf Tournament and Tennis

We've been busy this week with golf and tennis lessons at the country club up here in Pinetop. Ella and Brooklyn played in the golf tournament yesterday and did pretty good after a little coaching all week.

Ella played three holes - she shot a 24 on the first hole, 6 on the second hole, and 15 on the third hole (although 9 of those were just swings). Nice improvement from the first hole. She shot a total of 45 this year - 75 at last year's tournament.

Brooklyn played just one hole since this was her first year (and frankly she wasn't all that into it). That one hole took an hour with all the little kids in her group hitting the ball just a few inches/feet every swing. Brooklyn pretty good, actually. She shot a 30 on the one hole, but actually did better making contact with the ball with every swing than most of the other kids in her group. The problem was the ball didn't go that far with every hit.

Ella also took tennis lessons this year for the first time ever, and after the first few minutes she informed me that this might just be her sport. The excitement died a bit after a few days, but I think that was mostly because the teacher was a little boring. When we get back to Yardley, I'm hoping we can find a good teacher since I think she might really like tennis.

It's been a fun week and Ella and Brooklyn have learned and practiced two new sports (Kendall was the patient, supportive little sister all week long). Pretty exciting summer fun up here in Pinetop.
Working on her forehand. Ella took lessons with her cousins Ledger and Case, and also her friend Katlyn. They had fun playing together.
 Even Kendall got a little coaching from dad on the putting green.
It's so beautiful up here. Green grass, blue skies, white fluffy clouds. How could you not want to golf all day?!
Hanging out in the golf cart eating and drinking everything we could find at snack bar was Kendall's favorite part of the week. I think she felt pretty cool cruising around in the golf cart, too.
Teeing off at the tournament. Just 29 more strokes to get it in the hole, Brooklyn!
Ella did a great job on the second hole and I couldn't believe she only shot six. That's awesome! I don't even think I could do it in six strokes!
Ryan was very patient all week trying to help Ella and Brooklyn improve their golf game. He still has a lot of work ahead of him if he's still banking on the girls getting into Harvard, Stanford or Cornell on golf scholarships! Hmmm, maybe Kendall, but I think Ella will get in on an art scholarship, and Brooklyn on a fashion scholarship.
Case was so adorable trying to help Kendall hit the ball. He's going to be a great teacher just like my dad!
Ella and her friend Katlyn had fun golfing together. Ryan thought they had more fun talking to each other during the hour then actually paying attention and learning something from their golf coach. That's Ella... our social butterfly.
Getting some help on her back swing and follow through. Ella didn't twirl all the way around this year like she did last year on her follow through. I guess that in and of itself is a big improvement!
I think Brooklyn has the potential to be a good golfer, but I'm not sure the interest is there yet.
Ella and Katlyn heading out to the driving range.
Ledger and Ella handing off their tennis balls.
Practicing that swing.
Kendall modeling Ryan's new White Mountain Country Club golf hat. Lookin good!
Working on that backhand.

No comments:

Post a Comment