Friday, July 27, 2012

Round Two

Another week, another round of golf and tennis lessons up here in Pinetop, Arizona. It all ended today in another golf tournament where Ella and Brooklyn played... ummm, ok, but didn't quite make the cut to win first, second, or third place awards. Ella shot 67 (the first place winner shot 24); Brooklyn shot 22 (the winner shot 8). However, Ella did win the Best Sportsmanship trophy AGAIN this year. Way to go Ella. Of course, Brooklyn didn't handle it that well, as you can see from her tears in the pictures below.

Round two on the golf course proved to be a lot more fun for the girls than the first round two weeks ago. They were so excited to go golfing every morning and I could see some improvements in their swing and especially in their enthusiasm for the sport. Would you believe I even caught Ella and Brooklyn watching the British Open a few days ago. Oh would Ryan be so proud!
Watching the British Open. Weird huh?
 Ella didn't care that much about tennis this week. Oh how our minds change so quickly.
 I think she's ready to start playing.
 I didn't get a chance to get pictures of the girls playing in the clinic today since I was driving back and forth from Ella's golf group to Brooklyn's and trying to help them hit the ball, but I managed to get at least one of them after it was all over.
 Accepting her Best Sportsmanship award.
I can't figure out why she isn't super happy in this picture?
 I had to put this one in... check out Brooklyn's face. Oh the drama.
I'm laughing because I have Ella the happy girl on one side and Brooklyn in tears on the other side. What's a mom to do but laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment